Friday 10 September 2010

Demands Of Love

My sister had always been bossy, but this time she seemed determined to put my whole future in jeopardy...

    The phone call from my sister, Jenny, came just as I was leaving work.   Her voice sounded harsh and over loud,yet there was pain in it, too.
    “Angela, I’ve got something awful to tell you,” she began.   My heart started to beat furiously at the tone in her voice.   “Mum died this afternoon, just after three...”
    Her voice broke on a sob, and there was silence for a moment.
    “Jenny, what happened?”   I gasped into the phone.
    Mum had been fine last time I went home to see my parents, just six weeks ago.   Surely death couldn’t come so quickly - without me knowing, being aware of it.
    “They said there was nothing they could do,” Jenny went on tearfully   “She’d been ill a long time and didn’t know - then it was too late.   Angie, you must come home...now.   You must!”
    “Of course I will, Jenny,” I told her quickly.   “I’ll take time off...   Catch the first train tomorrow...”

Read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Love Zone

.