Friday 10 September 2010

For Export Only

My past was nothing to be proud of and I’d done everything I could to bury it good and deep.   But it refused to stay buried and now it was threatening to ruin my new life...

    I was about halfway along the alley when I heard soft footsteps behind me.   I forced myself to keep walking, not to look back.   It wasn’t much further to the main road, then I’d be safe.   I could just make out the reflection of the street lights beyond the growing shadows.
    Suddenly the lights weren’t there any longer.   The black silhouette of a man was standing in the archway, blocking the light.
    The footsteps behind me came closer, and then I heard a voice that made my blood run cold.
    “Hello, Janine.”
    I spun around, fear knotted like a hard ball inside me as I looked into Rod Brookman’s darkly handsome face.
    “Rod...” I gasped.   “I thought...”

Read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Love Zone

.