Wednesday 25 August 2010

Star Struck

It began with a request for a record on the local radio station.   Then it became much, much, more...

    “Not again, Karen!” Mike stormed at me.   “I can’t take much more of this.”
    “Oh Mike, come on, it’s only once a week,” I implored.   “Be reasonable.”
    Mike stared at me in absolute amazement, and when he spoke his voice was slightly mocking.
    “Be reasonable - me?” he began.   “For the last two months you’ve cut short every date we’ve had on a Friday, just so you can listen to that pathetic DJ.   Karen...”
    He stopped, lost for words, then sighed heavily and leaned back in the driving seat.
    “I don’t know what to say,” he shook his head.   “The whole thing’s crazy.   It’s not even as though you know the bloke, and yet you moon over him...   Oh, forget it.   There’s just no reasoning with you any more.”
    Mike slammed his fist against the steering wheel.

Read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Love Zone

.