Sunday 15 August 2010

Chequebook Wife

Mark and I were so broke, and all because of the money we had to pay to his ex-wife...

    “Please, Anna, we’ve gone over this so many times,” Mark sighed wearily.   “There’s no point even thinking about it.”
    “I can’t help thinking about it, Mark,” I cried desperately.   “I want a baby!”
    Mark’s eyes closed as though he was trying to shut out my words, and his shoulders slumped with despair.
    “Darling, we can’t afford a baby,” he went on quietly.   “I only wish we could, but...”
    “...but we have to keep your first wife in the lap of luxury!”   I interrupted crossly.   “Mark, because of her we’re not living - we’re just existing, and sometimes we aren’t even doing that.   There’s no way we’re ever going to have a normal marriage with her living off our backs the whole time!”
    “Oh, Anna...”

Read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Love Zone

.