Monday 14 February 2011

On Hallowe'en

Who in their right mind would actually volunteer to spend Hallowe'en in a haunted house miles from anywhere...

    “You can count me out!” I said quickly, before the discussion got any further and I was drawn into a situation I wanted nothing to do with.
    “Oh, Helen, don’t be a spoil sport - it’s only a bit of fun.”
    My husband, Tim, squeezed my hand.   “And I’ll be there to protect you...”
    I looked across the table at Tracy and Brian.
    “Come on, Helen,” Brian said enthusiastically.   “We can’t let a challenge like this pass.”
    “And it’s just for one night,” Tracy put in.
    “Yes, and what a night!” I retorted.   “Hallowe’en - you must be crazy.   Who, in their right minds, would actually volunteer to spend Hallowe’en in a haunted house miles from anywhere?”

Read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Love Zone

.