Monday 28 March 2011

Prisoner Of Guilt

Living with Brian was to live in fear.   And I was forced to make a decision which would effect the rest of my life...

    Chris’ face was drawn and pale when he came home that morning.   He brushed aside my offer of breakfast and took my hands in his.
    “I’ve got something to tell you, Vicki,” he said, his voice low and serious.   “And it can’t wait.”
    My heart began to pound with fear.   When Chris had phoned the night before to tell me there’d been a train derailment at the viaduct and he had to stay on duty I didn’t think too much about it.   After living with a policeman for seven months I was used to that, but this time was different...
    “Vicki, I’ve got some bad news,” Chris went on.   “It’s Brian...   I’m afraid he’s dead.”
    My whole body went numb and I couldn’t take his words in.
    “What...what happened?”   I whispered shakily.

Read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Love Zone

.