Thursday 17 December 2009

Christmas Star

    "Decorating the tree is for fathers and daughters."   Steve had told me proudly.   Only this year he might not be here...

    “Can we decorate the tree now?”   My seven-year-old daughter was jumping excitedly from side to side on the doorstep.
    “Oh, Lauren, be patient for a bit longer, please,” I grumbled as I searched in my bag for the key.   “The tree will have to wait.   Let’s get this shopping in and have something to eat.   I’m cold and I’m hungry.”
    I didn’t add that I was thoroughly fed up, too.
    Undeterred by my bad mood Lauren hurtled into the house, discarding her coat and mittens as she went.   I sighed as I watched her.   Oh, if only I had her unfailing optimism and energy.   Maybe then life and its problems would be easier to cope with.

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Love Zone

.