Thursday 17 December 2009

Ghost of Christmas Past

    It was easy to convince myself we weren't doing anything really wrong.   It was even easier to convince myself Terry loved me.   Yet when his love was put to the test, how much could I trust him...

    It was starting to get dark outside and as the street light burst into life it shone onto the silver Christmas tree I was decorating.   I smiled happily as I fixed the angel to the top of the tree, then I stood back to admire my handiwork.
    A year ago I’d have complained bitterly about having an artificial tree, they couldn’t compare with the real thing.   That beautiful smell of pine that seemed to reach into every corner of the room had always made Christmas special.   But this year I couldn’t have stood it.   The sight and smell of a real tree would have brought back sharp memories of last Christmas - memories I was trying hard to forget.
    I shuddered as I thought back to that time, and wondered if the pain of it would ever leave me...

Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Love Zone

.